Monday, April 6, 2020

Commerical Blog-Recap

Back when I first started AICE Media, we were given a project focusing on making a commercial for a compny. I remember I was nervous as i wanted ti make a good video for my first time doing it, and I knew I could achieve it with all the things I learned from my teachers. This video also was very interesting to me because I had always thought of making a cool soccer video but never really knew how. So right when i got assigned this project I went home and watched countless of soccer commercial which caught my attention and I highlighted what I wanted to see in my commercial. Some of these key features which I added was the music in the back ground to create an urgency for the base drop, which falls perfectly when the individual shoots it into the net. After that, due to my experience in soccer for my whole life. I know that the sound of commentary when the commentators are ecstatic and excited. It give goosebumps to the individual listening. It brings about this feeling of wanting to play. So with that being said I added the commentary when Coutinho a Brazilian super star scores a 25 yard free kick right in the top right post. 

This project was done by the help of my two great friends Mario and Xavi. We worked non-stop around the clock using every vital second to make our video stand out. I took part as the lead director,  with Xavi assisting with all the props needed, and Mario was our actor. When we went outside to the field we encountered our first problem. other people were already using the area which we were planning to use. After this I talked to them and we agreed on splitting the hour and 30 minutes in half. We used the other half to get shots we needed before the shooting scene and then after the other group finished we started the shooting scene. The shooting scene took a bit of time because we had to get the perfect shot of it. After I thought to myself how will I end it off... and thats when it struck me. I used my skills that I had acquired from photography and saw that I could make a reflecting scene with the water and the ball. So I did just that and It came out so awesome. Afterwards, I had to edit it all together and I used iMovie. Honestly, this project was probably my favorite one because of how it came out so much better than I could have ever hoped for. It was my first big step in the right direction and I continued to get better as the year went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment